Human Resource Services


Clackamas County substitute registration

is now completed online.

Paper registration forms are

no longer necessary or accepted.

Unexpired yellow cards ARE

still accepted at our districts.


Click one of these options for instructions:

Register as a Clackamas County Substitute

Complete the annual substitute training

Request verification of professional development (PDUs) for TSPC license renewal (this is not a step for sub registration)



Registration is a preliminary step in becoming a substitute in Clackamas County. Registration is good through the expiration of your TSPC license; you do not need to re-register every school year. If you have an unexpired yellow card, it will be accepted through the expiration of your teaching license.

REPLACEMENT: If you need a replacement yellow card, send an email to with "Replacement Yellow Card" as the subject line. Include your name as it appears on your TSPC license, your current address, and phone number. This is not the same as registering your renewed license.

IN A GRACE PERIOD? You can register while your TSPC license is in a posted grace period. Your registration will be good through the grace period, and you will need to register your renewed license when it is issued.

TO REGISTER for the first time, or to register your renewed teaching license, click the link below to start the online registration process. You will be taken to a new webpage. Choose the right registration type for your circumstances and READ AND FOLLOW the instructions carefully! If you are re-registering, you MAY have an existing account. PLEASE follow the instructions to access it. Your approval will take longer if we have to combine your accounts.


Please note: registration does NOT equal employment. You must complete the application process at the districts where you want to sub.

Your registration will be reviewed within ten business days. If it is approved you will be sent proof of registration by email. (If it is not approved, we will contact you.) Provide a copy of that email to the school districts when you apply to sub. Yellow registration cards are no longer being issued, but are still valid through the expiration date written on them.

Click here for information about applying with our school districts.


TRAINING - Annual Required Training - OPEN for 2014-15

Oregon law requires school district and ESD employees, including substitute teachers, to participate in annual training as follows:

1. Sexual Misconduct - Staff to Student (HB 2062)

2. Child Abuse Identification & Prevention

3. Bloodborne Pathogens

4. Sexual Harassment

You must provide a copy of your training transcript upon application with a school district, and each school year to the district(s) for which you substitute.

This on-line training is available to teachers who are or plan to be substitutes in Clackamas County school districts. There is a $10 processing and enrollment fee.

PLEASE NOTE that for most of our districts, training is valid during the school year in which you take it. If you are considering training late in the school year, you may wish to confirm that you will be hired before proceeding.

You will receive an emailed receipt after submitting payment. Then, within seven business days, you will receive a second email with your login/password information to complete the online training. You may complete the registration process prior to finishing the training if you wish.



Clackamas ESD is one of five ESDs verifying professional development activities for the purpose of license renewal for educators working less than half-time, substituting, or currently not working in an Oregon school district or charter school. PDU Verification is not a step in the registration process for Clackamas County subs.

If you have not already done so, start with this link:

You will provide some demographic information and pay a $25 processing fee. Once you've done that, you will receive an email* instructing you where to send your materials. The ESDs are randomly assigned; your location or employment history are not factors in assignment.

*This message may have been "filtered out" by your email service. You may need to look in your other email folders.

If you were instructed to send your required documents to Clackamas ESD, send us:

Send these via ONE of the following:

Clackamas ESD
Attn: PDU Verification
13455 SE 97th Ave
Clackamas, OR 97015



The ESD will send your verification directly to TSPC and confirm with you that we've done so.

More information on professional development:

*When you are using college credit for professional development, you must send us an official, sealed transcript. You may have the school send us the transcript directly, but we still need your Activity Log. List on it the courses you are using for PDUs, and tell us the transcript is being sent, and by what school. Except in the case of transcripts, we can accept originals or copies. Please keep a set of your documentation for your own file.

Professional development requirements vary by type of license. Some do not require PDUs. Click here for information about professional development requirements from TSPC.

PDUs must be completed during the life of the license you are renewing.

Activities must fall within one of the seven "standards" ("domains" on the Activity Log) specified in OAR 584-090-0110 in order to earn credit. Click here for descriptions of the seven standards.


Questions? Please contact the human resources office at or 503-675-4067.